The apple and caramel work so well together! These super tasty apple muffins have raw apples in the batter, apple sauce in the middle (which you should do yourself but I have not yet done my own this year) and caramel frosting on top – YUMMY! If you have an apple and some caramel sauce left over from the bake and frosting you can make these muffins even more luxurious and decorate with thinly sliced apples and drizzle caramel sauce on top . It’s not necessary – they’re perfectly yummy without – but it’s always fun to decorate a little 🙂
Yummy muffins with apple sauce and caramel
1.5 dl of powdered sugar
100 g butter, melted
2 dl milk
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
4 dl wheat flour
2 apples, peeled and grated
1 dl apple sauce
200 g of cream cheese
0.5 dl caramel sauce
50 g butter, room heat
50 g of icing sugar, sifted
thin apple slices from 1 apple
1. Set the oven to 175 degrees C. Place double paper muffin cups on an oven tray.
2. Whisk egg and sugar together in a bowl. Add butter and milk and whisk slightly. Mix all the dry ingredients and stir in the egg and butter. Pour the grated apples and turn carefully.
3. Fill the muffin cups to 3/4 and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Take out and let cool. Cut a hole in each muffin and fill with 1 teaspoon of apple sauce.
4. Caramel frosting: Mix all ingredients and drop or pipe onto the muffins.
5. Decorate with thin apple slices and drizzle caramel sauce on top. Enjoy!!